Katushka Millones

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Pareto Principle


Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto in 1906 observed that 80% of the land in Italy was owned by 20% of the population; he developed the principle by observing that 20% of the pea pods in his garden contained 80% of the peas. It is a common rule of thumb in business; e.g., "80% of your sales come from 20% of your clients."  You can observe this in your own life. 
For example, I realized that if I focused on my 20% of things that are really meaningful in my life, this will provide for the 80% I need to complete my goals… It sounds kind of confusing, but if we really try to apply it, I swear, it works!
“20% of the activity is going to yield 80% or the results” is what Pareto affirms, think on what are the things that you are spending too much time on that are not really making things happen for you?   Start to identify your “Personal Paretos”.  For me, my family and the things I love to do gives me the 80% I need to complete my life, I focus on them, my painting, my child’s school stuff, my husband, in all, my beautiful 20%, and there you go! My 80% is done! Have a wonderful Holidays, and lots of GOALS done in 2011 !!!

1 comment:

  1. hola, te escribo en español porque el ingles es mi gran materia pendiente;) en principio gracias por visitar mi blog, y que tengas un hermoso año.

    muero por conocer tu pais, su cocina, su gente, siempre decimos con mi marido que cuando vayamos a argentina vamos a ir, y al final, la familia tira y nos quedamos en argentina,

    espero un dia poder conocerlo,
    te mando un beso y hasta pronto

    ReplyDelete